Dedicated to helping others learn, play, compose and record music. Updated Mondays.

New here? Read the Beginner's Guide to Becoming a Musician.


Monday, January 12, 2009

Be a Part of The Makeshift Musician's Anniversary

That's right, reader. The Makeshift Musician has now been around for a year! It is now old enough to walk around clumsily and can eat mostly solid foods! I've written a little over 40 articles in the last 12 months, and some of my favorites turned out to be yours too, and some articles I'd just rather forget about. Anyway, for the anniversary I thought we would do something a little different. I present to you

The Makeshift Musician's Music Anniversaganzathon!


I challenge you, reader, to make a song in ONE MONTH. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece. Just make it, put together a short writeup about how you made it and what equipment you used, and then send it to The Makeshift Musician via makeshiftmusician@gmail.com. I'd prefer that you sent a link rather than the actual file, but do what you need to do. I'll post the submissions on here for everyone to hear, along with the writeup and whatever lame comments I'd like to add myself.

I don't care what genre the song is, or how you made it. You could take a Fischer-Price tape recorder and record yourself throwing plastic cups at your Grandma, as long as you did it musically. The due date is February 7th. Also, it would be cooler if this song was something that you started after you read this post, but obviously I can't regulate that.

Send your ridiculous, awesome, or ridiculously awesome song to makeshiftmusician@gmail.com by February 7th.

What are you waiting for? Why are you still reading this? There's nothing left here of value. This sentence doesn't tell you anything useful. Make some music!

No comments: